The deadline for submissions is Friday, 12 May 2023 at midnight (CAT).
The shortlist announcement
will be made on Monday 12 June 2023
. Shortlisted applicants will be alerted via email. Pitch training for the shortlisted applicants will commence on 18 July 2023
. The final pitch event will be held in Cape Town on Wednesday, 11 October 2023
- Project needs to be within the Energy sector.
- Project must be founded, based and operated in Africa.
- Project must be ready for market (with prototype already demonstrated).
- Project must ideally contribute to the goals of a cleaner and decarbonised energy landscape.
The following terms and conditions apply
- Submissions close on Friday, 12 May 2023, midnight (CAT).
- The shortlist of start-ups will be announced on Monday, 12 June 2023.
- The project must be a clean energy project. No other projects will be considered.
- The project must be located within Africa.
- The shortlisted project teams must be able to attend the Energy Investment Village, to be held in Cape Town on 11 October 2023 at the CTICC.
- The 2.5-month online pitch training programme will be free of charge and the applicant must agree to attend the full training programme.
- The shortlisted project teams will be responsible for all travel and visa costs associated with travelling to and from Cape Town, South Africa, to attend the pitching event, including accommodation and related expenses.
- While the pitching event enables the opportunity for investor exposure, it does not guarantee project investment.
- All project information submitted will be deemed private and confidential to the organiser and its partners.